Are you dreaming of creating a one-of-a-kind piece of jewelry?
Whether it's for yourself or for someone you love, custom jewelry is the perfect choice if you want to make a lasting impression. You don't have to be a jewelry designer to create beautiful custom jewelry. Chances are that you have a good idea of what you're looking for but haven't been able to find it anywhere. The beauty of creating custom jewelry is that you can share your vision with a jewelry designer, talking through your preferences and ideal design, and they can make it happen. There's no point in spending hours searching for something that you may never find; custom jewelry is a great option if you have an idea of what you want.
Custom Jewelry is What You Make It
We have worked with many individuals and couples over the years who are looking to create custom jewelry. If you are looking to create a custom piece of jewelry, it's important to keep in mind that it will be what you make it. We've had customers come in who want to add to existing jewelry pieces, merge existing jewelry pieces, remodel jewelry, or even start from scratch. Ultimately, the design comes down to what you dream up and the jeweler is able to accomplish within your budget! Don't be afraid to dream big, and our jewelers will tell you what's possible. Chances are, if you can dream it up then we can create it.
Get Inspired to Create Your Custom Jewelry
Many couples choose to create custom engagement and wedding rings. They want to infuse a sense of their loved one’s personality and ensure they get a piece that is unlike anyone else’s. For example, if your partner has Irish heritage, you may wish for the ring to have a Celtic-inspired design. Other couples choose a different center gemstone, as opposed to a traditional diamond. Perhaps your partner has inherited heirloom gems they want to incorporate into their ring. A professional jewelry designer can offer many ways to capture the beauty and elegance you are looking for while crafting an unmatched piece that comes straight from the heart.
Some people choose to create custom earrings, bracelets, necklaces, watches, etc. If you want to get inspired or need ideas for a special upcoming event, check out these resources:
Are you ready to take the leap and start the process to create a custom piece of jewelry? Head over to our Custom Jewelry Design Center to start that process with us.
Do You Have Questions About a Custom Jewelry Design? We Have Answers.
As a jeweler that specializes in custom designs, we often talk to people who are dreaming of creating a one-of-a-kind engagement ring, anniversary ring or some other piece of lifetime jewelry but have no idea where to begin. It’s understandable you’d want to have a meaningful piece of jewelry that’s unlike anything else, but how does the process work? Here are answers to your most frequently asked questions about custom jewelry design.
How do I get started with my custom jewelry?
At Grogan Jewelers, our master designers go above and beyond to make custom jewelry design a fun and enjoyable process for you.
- Consultation: Every custom-made piece begins with an in-person meeting with one of our experienced designers. Please come to your consultation prepared to answer questions about your vision for the project, as well as what you are hoping to achieve with the finished piece.
- Sketches: After your consultation, your designer will show you several sketches, which serve as the first step in bringing your dream piece to life.
- CAD rendering: When you’ve approved a sketch, we will then use our computer-aided design software to help you visualize what your finished creation will look like. During the CAD rendering process, you can request modifications that help you compare what different stone sizes and other factors would look like.
- Wax modeling: Once you give us the green light to proceed, we use the CAD rendering to create a 3D wax model, which is a life-sized replica of your custom design. This model will give you an accurate idea of the precise dimensions of your finished piece. During this phase, you can still request final changes if needed.
- Manufacturing: After you’ve approved your wax model, we will create it for you. Please allow us two to three weeks for this final step. We’ll contact you as soon as your custom jewelry is ready for you to pick up. Then, all you’ll have left to do is enjoy the compliments on your stunning new piece!
What do I need to bring to the initial consultation?
We encourage you to bring any examples of jewelry designs you like, such as pictures you have saved from Pinterest or clipped from magazines. Being familiar with your style and your goals for your finished piece will help us suggest the ideal design options for you.
How much does custom jewelry cost?
A variety of factors influence the cost of custom jewelry, including the materials used, the intricacy of the design and more. After we meet with you and you have approved a design, we can give you a price quote for your project.
Can you incorporate materials I already own?
Yes, we can! As a family-owned company, we understand the sentimental significance attached to stones or settings you may have inherited as an heirloom. We’re happy to work with you to give new life to your existing jewelry. Of course, we can also provide brand-new, high-quality materials if you wish to start from scratch.
Still Have Questions? Grogan Jewelers Has A Legacy of Quality Since 1915
Whether you visit our location in Franklin, TN; Florence, AL; or Huntsville, AL for custom jewelry design, we hope to see you soon. Not only do we provide personalized attention, but we are also happy to offer our customers a complimentary warranty for the life of your jewelry, in addition to our interest-free financing and onsite jewelry repair.