Answering Your Most Common Questions About Custom Jewelry Design
As a jeweler that specializes in custom designs, we often talk to people who are dreaming of creating a one-of-a-kind engagement ring, anniversary ring or some other piece of lifetime jewelry, but have no idea where to begin. It’s understandable you’d want to have a meaningful piece of jewelry that’s unlike anything else, but how does the process work? Today, we’re going to answer your most frequently asked questions about custom jewelry design.
Q: How do I get started with my custom jewelry?
A: At Grogan Jewelers, our master designers go above and beyond to make custom jewelry design a fun and enjoyable process for you.
1. Consultation: Every custom-made piece begins with an in-person meeting with one of our experienced designers. Please come to your consultation prepared to answer questions about your vision for the project, as well as what you are hoping to achieve with the finished piece.
2. Sketches: After your consultation, your designer will show you several sketches, which serve as the first step in bringing your dream piece to life.
3. CAD rendering: When you’ve approved a sketch, we will then use our computer-aided design software to help you visualize what your finished creation will look like. During the CAD rendering process, you can request modifications that help you compare what different stone sizes and other factors would look like.
4. Wax modeling: Once you give us the green light to proceed, we use the CAD rendering to create a 3D wax model, which is a life-sized replica of your custom design. This model will give you an accurate idea of the precise dimensions of your finished piece. During this phase, you can still request final changes if needed.
5. Manufacturing: After you’ve approved your wax model, we will create it for you. Please allow us two to three weeks for this final step. We’ll contact you as soon as your custom jewelry is ready for you to pick up. Then, all you’ll have left to do is enjoy the compliments on your stunning new piece!
Q: What do I need to bring to the initial consultation?
A: We encourage you to bring any examples of jewelry designs you like, such as pictures you have saved from Pinterest or clipped from magazines. Being familiar with your style and your goals for your finished piece will help us suggest the ideal design options for you.
Q: How much does custom jewelry cost?
A: A variety of factors influence the cost of custom jewelry, including the materials used, intricacy of the design and more. After we meet with you and you have approved a design, we can give you a price quote for your project.
Q: Can you incorporate materials I already own?
A. Yes! As a family-owned company, we understand the sentimental significance attached to stones or settings you may have inherited as an heirloom. We’re happy to work with you to give new life to your existing jewelry. Of course, we can also provide brand-new, high-quality materials if you wish to start from scratch.
A Legacy of Quality Since 1915
Whether you visit our location in Franklin, TN; Florence, AL; or Huntsville, AL for custom jewelry design, we hope to see you soon. Not only do we provide personalized attention, but we are also happy to offer our customers a complimentary warranty for the life of your jewelry, in addition to our interest-free financing and onsite jewelry repair. Start your custom jewelry design process here.